Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Look in The Mirror


When I look into your eyes I see a reflection of me. When I acknowledge your faults I feel a sense of familiarity. When I criticize you it's really self I critique. When you ask me a question my response to you is really the answer I seek.

My advice to you is a message to myself. I accept this message better when I advise someone else. I've learned some messages are easier to give. The true message I find is in the experiences I live. You want honesty? My advice sometimes a fallacy, the opposite of what I live; that's reality. My honesty to you is my reality, my truth. For the truth I seek I find in you.


Deep inside each of us is a part of everyone. Though our lives may differ there is nothing new under the sun. Where you're going, I've been, already traveled that route. And what I haven't been through yet, perhaps you've championed no doubt.

In the end can we really say we don't need each other? For it takes both me and you to mirror the reflection of one another.

Ms. D.I.V.A

Authored by: SM Holliday aka Ms. D.I.V.A.
Revised: 10/17/2011

Originally Posted on the Black Planet website
http://www.blackplanet.com/divaciousdiva/

No comments: